Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Refrigerators
The following items will be needed to secure your refrigerator for moving (this article discusses moving big appliances:
- Rope and large pads.
- Baking soda.
- Empty out all the contents and defrost one day before moving day. (Never transport perishable food - eat what you can give the rest away)
- Empty the drainage pan, disconnect electrical cord and drain the automatic icemaker.
- Clean all drawers, walls, and shelves in the frig -- it's a good time for doing so.
- Check your owner's manual what type of preparations is needed for your refrigerator.
- Wrap shelves and tape them together. Tape down all other loose parts, including the drawers on the inside and the doors on the outside. Tape the electrical cord to the refrigerator.
- Tie a large pad around the refrigerator for protection.