Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack China and Crystals
The following items will be needed to secure your china and crystal for moving:
- Blank newsprint paper, Bubble Wrap®, Styrofoam peanuts.
- Dish pack box (5.2 cubic feet)
Packing your plates:
- Prepare a box and put a layer of wadded newsprint paper or peanuts in the bottom of the box for cushion.
- Wrap each plate and then bundle three or four together. Stand on end in the box. Never lay flat. Take another bundle, same size plates, and place near the other bundle. Fill sides with peanuts or newsprint. Use large items on bottom layer and place layer of bubble wrap in between layers. Place wadded newsprint or peanuts between each layer as cushioning between each layer.
- Tape shut the box and mark "Fragile – China."
- Packing your glasses and teacups:
- Wrap each piece of glassware or teacup in piece of Bubble Wrap ® and tape it. You may use blank newsprint paper instead of bubble wrap.
- If you will pack the glasses and cups in one box then skip to step (3.) If you will pack them with other items you should place them on top.
- Prepare a box and put a layer of wadded newsprint paper or peanuts on the bottom of the box for cushion.
- Place wrapped cups or glasses on upright position as if you were placing them on the table.
- Place a layer of cardboard and another layer of packing material on top and the sides. Fill sides with peanuts or newsprint. You may also use dividers between cups and glasses (ask your mover for availability of product).
- Keep layering until you've reached the top. Taper shut the box and mark "Fragile – China/Crystal".