Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Kitchen Breakable Items
The following items will be needed to secure your kitchen for moving:
- Blank newsprint paper, Bubble Wrap®, Styrofoam peanuts
- Book boxes (1.5 cubic feet), medium boxes (3.0 cubic feet), dish pack box (5.2 cubic feet)
- Wrap each glass, mug and cup in piece of Bubble Wrap® and tape it. You may use blank newsprint paper instead of Bubble Wrap®.
- If you will pack the glassware in one box then skip to step 5. If you will pack them with other items you should place them on top.
- Prepare appropriate box for items to be packed and put a layer of wadded newsprint paper or peanuts on the bottom of the box for cushion.
- Place stacks of layered plates on bottom and bowls on top. Stand on end in the box. Never lay flat. Take another bundle, same size plates, and place near the other bundle. Fill sides with peanuts or newsprint. Use large items on bottom layer and place layer of Bubble Wrap® in between layers. Place wadded newsprint or peanuts between each layer as cushioning between each layer.
- For larges items put two or three smaller items or one larger item in the center of a smaller box filled with packing material such as peanuts or newsprint paper. Make sure to put enough packing material between items.
- Place wrapped glasses on upright position as if you were placing them on the table.
- Place a layer of cardboard and another layer of packing material on top and the sides. Fill sides with peanuts or newsprint. You may also use dividers between cups and glasses (ask your mover for availability of product).
- Keep layering until you've reached the top. Tape shut the box and mark "Fragile – Kitchen."