Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Plates, Saucers and Flat China
The following items will be needed to secure your plates, saucers, and flat China for moving:
- Blank newsprint paper, Bubble Wrap®, Styrofoam peanuts.
- Dish pack box (5.2 cubic feet)
- Prepare a box and put a layer of wadded newsprint paper or peanuts in the bottom of the box for cushion.
- Wrap each plate and then bundle three or four together. Stand on end in the box. Never lay flat. Take another bundle, same size plates, and place near the other bundle. Fill sides with peanuts or newsprint. Use large items on bottom layer and place layer of bubble wrap in between layers. Place wadded newsprint or peanuts between each layer as cushioning between each layer.
- Tape shut the box and mark "Fragile – China."