Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Washing Machine
Take care of packing and moving large appliances, including washing machines -- they're heavier than they appear, and can be cumbersome to move.
The following items will be needed to secure your washing machine for moving:
- Rope and large pads.
- Some towels, linens, clothes and stuffed animals for washing machines.
- Finish doing all your laundry a couple of days before your moving day.
- Drain all water out of washer. Tip the washer sideways to empty out remaining water from the water hose, if possible. Then clean the interior with a towel.
- Take out all accessories and fittings and put them in a plastic bag. Pack them in a box and mark it.
- Stuff towels between the washing machine sides and the tub to keep the tub from rotating.
- Fill the basket with clothes, linens etc. Also include a box of baking soda to cut down on mildew (make sure not to tear open the top of the box).
- Tape the lid and electrical cord.
See this article for tips on packing and moving dryers.