Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Air Conditioner
If you've moving and you want to bring along your air conditioner, here's what you need to do to ship it safely and securely:
- Shut your air conditioner before moving out so the coils can dry and cool off.
- Replace or remove the filter.
- Tape the cord to the side of the air conditioner (do not tape the cord to the back, where the coils are).
- Pack the air conditioner in the original box, if you still have it. If you don't have the box, use another large appliance box that is well padded with wadded up newsprint. (Do not use styrofoam peanuts, which could get inside the air conditioner and cause problems later).
- If you don't have a moving box that works, be careful to protect the coils when lifting it and transporting it.