Learn How to Pack:
Click on the appropriate box for more information on packing:
Learn How to Pack Stereos, Radios etc.
The following moving supplies
will be needed to secure your stereos, radios, etc. for moving
- Or -
- Blank newsprint paper, Bubble Wrap®, Styrofoam peanuts
- Medium boxes (3.0 cubic feet), large boxes (4.5 cubic feet), dish pack boxes (5.2 cubic feet)
- Original boxes and foam form
- Disconnect all cables from your stereo components. Mark all cables and cords where they should go with color tags.
- Check all components owners' manual for any special servicing for moving. When packing your turntable tape or tie the arm to the armrest. Also, tape down the round object in which the record sits on.
- Place small electronics and small components in appropriate box. Cushion the base of the box with packing material or in original box. Before packing the items place them in a plastic bag to prevent them from getting dirty during the move and keep the peanuts out of the equipment. If the components are small enough you may place them together in one box with enough packing material separating them.
- Place large components in one box if you don't have the original box. Don't forget to place the components in a plastic bag to prevent them from getting dirty during the move and keep the peanuts out of the equipment.
- If you do not have the original boxes it is good to place all the components in double boxes. The small packed box should be placed in a larger box cushioned with packing material.
- Tape shut the box and mark "Fragile – Electronics."